SENIOR ICT PROJECT MANAGER
SENIOR ICT PROJECT MANAGER
Closing Date: January 20, 2023
All Inclusive Salary Package: R 1 105 383 – R 1 302 102 Per Annum
Benefits: The successful candidate may structure the total package for a 13th cheque. Housing, medical aid, and pension allowance are included in the total package.
Contract Type: Contract
Objective: The South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) is a statutory public entity that operates under the NQF Act 67 of 2008. SAQA seeks to appoint a Senior Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Project Manager on a three-year fixed term contract. The successful candidate will oversee SAQA’s ICT projects and deliver software implementations and business transformation projects within SAQA aimed at affecting changes to business and ICT processes. This must take place within agreed scope, time, cost, and quality resulting in the realisation of the intended benefits of the affected areas of business in SAQA. Furthermore, leadership in planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of effective Information & Communications Technology systems, including ensuring security of data, network access and backup systems, that support the strategy and operational information needs of the organisation, is crucial.
- The most eligible candidate must hold an appropriate recognised qualification at NQF 7 or equivalent in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- The successful incumbent must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in ICT Project Management.
- A further requirement is at least 3 years’ experience in application development and support.
- An advantage will be a Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate, and a proven track record of more than three (3) years’ experience in leading an organization wide or large-scale automation project.
- The incumbent must have a good knowledge of business process automation, understanding of the
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), ICT projects, learner management information systems, data management principles and methods, process re-engineering skills, understanding of programming concepts and application development, relevant applications, big data solutions, and tools, data strategy, policy, and governance, database architecture and data schemas and Master Data Management Skills.
Key performance areas:
- Manage the organization wide automation project that has been implemented from 01 January 2022 and due to finalise by 02 January 2025.
- Plan all aspects of further projects and capture the results thereof in a comprehensive Project Management Plan (PMP).
- Monitor, track and control the performance of all SAQA ICT projects against the agreed baseline (time, cost and quality) throughout the project life cycle.
- Communicate to all project stakeholders the status and performance of the project, including timely communication of serious events that may have a significant impact on the project’s success.
- Manage project scope, applying formal change management for all changes (increase or reduction) to the previously agreed project baseline.
- Direct and manage project execution, including managing the performances of project team members and suppliers, in the completion of project deliverables.
- Oversee the digitisation and automation of SAQA processes.
- Implement project products and services without any adverse impact to business processes.
- Ensure all project acceptance criteria are met and gain sign-off and approval for all project deliverables.
- Ensure optimum resource management and motivation of project staff.
- Ensure all business and ICT transition activities are catered for and performed, e.g., acceptance testing, training, change management and post-implementation support and ICT service and solution transition to operational support teams.
- Promote and align business goals and ICT programmes and priorities to enterprise architecture strategy and ICT strategy.
- Manage the performance of supplier’s contracts and deliverables.
SAQA will verify credit and criminal records as well as qualifications.
SAQA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post and will only communicate with short listed candidates.