- The most eligible candidate must hold an appropriate and recognised relevant qualification at NQF Level 6 or equivalent.
- A relevant recognised qualification at NQF Level 7 on the 10 Level NQF will be advantageous.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Personal Assistant at Executive level is essential.
- More than 6 years’ experience as a Personal Assistant at Executive level would be advantageous.
- The incumbent must have a good knowledge of policies and procedures, governance/secretarial protocol preferable in the public sector, document management and archiving, planning, organising, and coordinating.
- Good computer skills, report writing, time management, and minute-taking skills should be the strengths of those aspiring for this appointment.
- An advantage would be a good understanding of financial matters relating to public entities or in the public sector.
Key performance areas:
- Manage the CFO’s diary.
- Prioritise and schedule appointments, meetings and conferences and alert to appointments.
- Organise and co-ordinate all internal / external meetings and workshops including preparing agendas, sending out invitations and take accurate/quality minutes for all meetings that are chaired by the CFO.
- Manage local and international travel arrangements and attend to all other relevant logistics.
- Assist the CFO with the formatting of presentations and documents.
- Draft correspondence on behalf of the CFO.
- Brief the CFO on communications with the office, background and documentation for meetings and decisions pending.
- Manage and coordinate the flow of any other information into the CFO’s office.
- Management and coordination of effective functioning of the CFO and provide all secretarial, administrative and support to the CFO.
- Keep track of projects within the Divisions reporting to the CFO and ensure that the CFO is up to date with progress in line with the Divisions OPS Plans.
- Ensure that all other logistical arrangements are processed, i.e. Parking, access cards, etc. for the Executive’s visitors.
- Maintain an effective filing and physical archive system.
SAQA will verify credit and criminal records as well as qualifications.
SAQA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post and will only communicate with short listed candidates.