Closing Date: May 10, 2023
All Inclusive Salary Package: R 422 271 – R 488 284 Per Annum
Benefits: The successful candidate may structure the total package for a 13th cheque. Housing, medical aid, and pension allowance are included in the total package.
Contract Type: Permanent
Objective: The South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) is a statutory public entity that operates under the NQF Act, No. 67 of 2008. SAQA seeks to appoint an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Technician. The successful candidate will provide a high standard of technical support and ICT service delivery to SAQA end users. (Applicants are required to attach their CV and Application Letter).
- The most eligible candidate must hold an appropriate and recognised relevant qualification at NQF Level 5 on the 10 Level NQF or equivalent.
- An appropriate and recognised relevant qualification at NQF Level 6 on the 10 Level NQF will be advantageous.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Information Technology (IT) technical support is required.
- More than 5 years of relevant experience will be an added advantage.
- The incumbent must have a good knowledge of hardware and software installation, networking, and configuration of computers.
- Troubleshooting and the ability to prioritise work should be the strengths of those aspiring for this appointment.
Key performance areas:
- Attend to the user requests for technical support.
- Install and configure desktops, laptops, telephones, and APNs as required.
- Install operating systems on computers.
- Install and Configure 3rd party software on all computers.
- Provide ad-hoc user training as required.
- Issuing IT assets to users and returning assets from users.
- Conduct IT Inventory Management.
- Track decommissioned IT assets.
SAQA will verify credit and criminal records as well as qualifications.
SAQA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post and will only communicate with short listed candidates.