CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (COO)
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (COO)
Closing Date: January 20, 2023
All Inclusive Salary Package: R 1 308 051 – R 1 614 612 Per Annum
Benefits: The successful candidate may structure the total package for a 13th cheque. Housing, medical aid, and pension allowance is included in the total package.
Contract Type: Permanent
Objective: The South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) is a statutory public entity that operates under the NQF Act, No. 67 of 2008. SAQA seeks to appoint a Chief Operating Officer (COO), to lead the NQF Operations Division to ensure the achievement of SAQA’s core mandate and strategic objectives. The successful candidate will lead and direct all units and sub-units in the Division of NQF Operations, including Registration and Recognition, Authentication Services, Research, Communications and NQF Information Systems. A comprehensive competency assessment will be conducted for short-listed candidates.
- The most eligible candidate must hold an appropriate recognised post-graduate qualification at NQF Level 8 on the 10 level NQF (or Level 7 on the 8 Level NQF) or equivalent in Education Management/Human Sciences/Public Administration/ Business Management.
- A minimum of 5 years’ senior management experience in medium to large, diversified, and complex organisations or 3 years executive management experience, working with the NQF and related fields.
- The incumbent must have a good knowledge of the NQF Act and related legislation, the South African Education and training system, knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics, and business development. The incumbent would need to travel locally and internationally.
- Experience in the education, training, and skills development landscape will be an advantage.
- Characteristics of a transformational leader with strong managerial skills, a clear vision, and focused action would position the candidate favourably.
Key performance areas:
1. SAQA′s NQF Operations Strategy and Policy
- Direct and ensure implementation of the NQF Operations strategy and contribute to the overall SAQA Strategy and play a key role in shaping the future of the organisation.
- Set comprehensive goals for the performance, monitoring, and evaluation of NQF Operations and play major inputs in the formulation of Annual Performance Plans and Operational plans to fulfil the functions of NQF Operations.
2. Direct and lead SAQA′s NQF Operations
- Manage, direct, integrate and organise the work of the NQF Operations Division.
- Ensure the coordination of an integrated budget for NQF Operations.
3. Plan and implement SAQA′s Funding strategies
- In collaboration with the Business Development function, Finance and the various NQF Operations Units, to develop and implement a funding strategy to generate additional income to enable SAQA to perform its functions optimally and effectively.
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships with funders/clients/stakeholders to secure and expand recurring revenue streams.
4. Align and direct stakeholder/customer services in SAQA′s NQF Operations
- Align the different Units in NQF Operations by facilitating a customer-centric culture.
- Drive the NQF Operations Units to work together for optimum stakeholder/ customer experience delivery and influence cross-unit agreement on how to deliver the greatest value to stakeholders/customers.
5. Functional use of reports to inform business
- Facilitate integrated reporting across the NQF Operations Division.
- Collect real-time data and coordinate information and reports across the NQF Operations divisions.
SAQA will verify credit and criminal records as well as qualifications.
SAQA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post and will only communicate with short listed candidates.