The Directorate: Foreign Qualifications Evaluation and Advisory Services (DFQEAS)
Abolishment of true copies
Kindly note that the following changes will be implemented as from 1 January 2012:
(1) SAQA will no longer issue true copies of evaluation certificates to applicants
(2) Photocopies of evaluation certificates will be made available only to relevant third parties on request and on condition that full contact details are provided
(3) Lost / damaged certificates will be replaced, only once, by replacement certificates. Thereafter a new application must be lodged.
(4) The cost to replace certificates will be as follows:
- Issued from 1 June 2010 onwards - R100
- Issued before 1 June 2010 - R200
Applicants for the evaluation of foreign qualifications
SAQA is proud to announce that an on-line application facility for the evaluation of foreign qualifications will be functional as from 28 January 2011.
Prospective applicants for this service are invited to henceforth make use of the facility, which will enable them to:
- Register as users of the system
- Change user details
- Apply for new certificates of evaluation (either for themselves or for other persons)
- Access all the necessary information about evaluation in a structured, user-friendly way
- View applications already submitted
- Follow the progress of applications on-line
- Change qualification holder details...more
Applicants for the evaluation of foreign qualifications:
The evaluation process aims to inform a variety of decision makers, who are not knowledgeable about education & training systems other than that of South Africa, or the qualifications offered in those, of the most appropriate levels of recognition of the foreign qualifications and to provide guidelines for placement for a range of purposes. This service is conducted in line with the principles of the National Qualifications Framework and according to international best practice. The evaluation of foreign qualifications can be applied for in accordance with the procedural guidelines and tariff structure contained in the application form of the Directorate: Foreign Qualifications Evaluation and Advisory Services (DFQEAS).
For information on the application procedure, download / open the document
Call centre: 012 431-5070
Fax: 012 431-5146
For complaints on the evaluation of foreign qualifications kindly fill in this form.
The documents above are in PDF format and require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed, printed and saved. To download and install the Reader click on the icon.
Print friendly version