Re-registration of NQF registered qualifications
The SAQA Board, at the request of the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) and the Council on Higher Education (CHE), has taken a decision to re-register all the qualifications and unit standards that reach the end of their registration period on 30 June 2012. The qualifications will be re-registered for a further three years from 1 July 2012 to 30 June 2015.
The decision was also taken that the following types of qualifications and unit standards would not be re-registered:
- Qualifications that have, to date, not been offered to learners
- Qualifications for which no provider of education and training has, to date, applied to the relevant ETQA for accreditation
- Qualifications that were submitted for registration by private providers, but which are not being quality assured by an ETQA
- Qualifications that do not meet the requirements of the HEQF and for which the CHE has not given approval for their continued offering
- Unit standards that have been replaced by new unit standards. Replaced unit standards remain valid for the purpose of offering the qualification(s) of which they form part, but may not be used for credit purposes in skills programmes or short courses
- Unit standards that have, to date, not been offered to learners
- Unit standards that are not linked to a qualification and consequently are not quality assured by an ETQA.
Letters will be sent to each Higher Education and Training provider with an Annexure indicating which qualifications are registered on the NQF. Providers are asked to return the Annexure to SAQA giving an indication of which qualifications should be re-registered and which not. Failure to return the Annexure will be regarded by SAQA as an indication that the provider does not wish to have any of the qualifications re-registered.
The usual conditions concerning the train-out period will apply to all qualifications that are not re-registered.
Queries regarding re-registration should be directed to the following e-mail address: Rereg2012@saqa.org.za.
The following people may also be contacted:
Eddie Brown: (012) 431 5073
Carina Oelofsen: (012) 431 5112
Print friendly version